Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Unit 8: How People Feel


Facial expressions are important to tell what people are feeling. It represents how people are feeling after their result from a specific events, actions, or food. It may exhibited joy, sadness, contempt, fear, disgust, surprise, and anger. In public, people can read your facial expression after your result on whatever you see. For example, when I lectured in front of the classroom, I noticed more than two students and the instructor making facial expression that they were obviously tiring to understand what I was saying about my project.

A facial expression is important to present what you are feeling. But, it is very sad for people who have had Botox cosmetic product. The Botox is used to reduce the facial wrinkles and thus treated people cannot express their emotions because the muscle cannot move after the Botox injected. When taking Botox, people thought it was their solution to their wrinkles, but they need to think about their facial expression. They might cannot show their laugh or anger at someone or something. Also, the Botox inject might destroy your face muscles for good.

Some people have no patience in waiting for something to arrive or come. For example, at the baggage claim in the airport, I may not patient while waiting for my suitcase to arrive because I am in a big hurry to get back to my college. I did not want to be waiting for a long time in the airport.  Well, it depends with people’s feeling.

It is fact that the students, employees, and I feel so stressful from our projects and homework that need be done. We need to relax to distress. After work and class hours, they used their iPhone or mobile to hear songs to relax their mind and body. For myself, I watch music videos for relaxation. Of course, our mind needs a rest because the mind is too busy to be functioning all day.

Amygdala vs Thalamus - Amygdala is associated with the sense of smell. Thalamus is part of relaying sensory.

“Welcoming Warmth” - a mix of fig, jasmine and freesia.

Nucleus Accubens – the part of the brain that is active when people experience pleasurable events.

Attention Restoration – assists the people to concentrate better after spending time in nature or looking at the senses of natures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment