Monday, June 10, 2013

Senior Thesis Presentation


I have a Thursday evening class at the same time with Senior Thesis Presentation. I only stayed in my class until I got feedback from my teacher and dean. After that, I headed to Senior Thesis Presentation. I stayed until the end. It was interested listening students' thesis. I am almost understanding the point about senior thesis and project. I wished I could make the picture more specific. 

Stepfanie Lukito's thesis named "Using Technology to Maximum Children." 
She explained how children learned and followed into adulthood in their parents' footsteps. She presented some examples how children learn words from kids' TV shows for example Dora the Adventure. She sometimes talked nervously and tried to explain in more specific details. 

Juri Seo's thesis named "Emotion in Interactive Design." She explained her two different theories about interactive design to these people. She presented some images from advertising ad on how people feel. But, for me, she didn't really present clearly her two different theories.

Jamie DuBois' thesis named "Help Shark!" He liked to reduce the advertising ad and presented it as an interactive media to save lots of papers. He presented some examples of posters and interactive media. He was very good explaining the difference between the poster and interactive media. He had well thought about ideas for his thesis.

Helen He's thesis named "The 'New' Made in China". She was half nervous but she explained very well about the China's branding, identity system, and culture/traditional ways. Her theory about how other countries steals some of China’s traditional/cultures and redesigns them to look different from China's. I would like to know what her project looks like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment